Issues finding your documents? Keep calm – the 9th June is International Archives Day!
International Archives Day aims to raise awareness amongst organisations regarding the importance of archiving media, classifying different types of documents, and managing retention periods.
This day is also an opportunity to thank all the people who are committed to easing our research and information exchanges like Mister Archive and Miss Digital.
What does “archives” mean?
Archives/records include information of different types, age or support that are produced by organisations as part of their activity. Archives must be maintained by organisations but also by people as evidence and trace in case of control or dispute. They may also contribute to the future decisions of an entity through data analytics. Therefore, proper preservation of records is required.
Labgroup can help organisations with the implementation of an archiving policy that will lead to creating retention rules; to better manage information lifecycle but also to protecting personal data.
You don’t know how to implement an archiving policy?
Labgroup offers, according to the needs of its customers, archival consulting services that result in various missions regarding:
- Training -> implement user awareness and change management
- Organisation and governance -> organise the searching and display of procedures
- Document workflow management -> manage the access and authenticity -> optimise the information’s circulation
- Hybrid records management, paper and electronic -> secure archiving, management and destruction processes
- Indexation and archival description -> describe archives and funds according to archival standards
- Valorisation and preservation -> assure long-term preservation both paper and electronic -> ensure the transparency and confidentiality
Labgroup has the power to simplify and strengthen information governance thanks to the Arcateg™ Records Categorisation Method that accelerates information management rules development and their implementation.
Organisations can take advantage of the Arcateg™ methodology according to several specific objectives such as quality and completeness of the retention rules, mapping of personal data, and/or compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in force from May 25th, 2018). (
Need help with your documents/data management? Contact us now and benefit from a special consultancy offer to celebrate this special day
1 day/consultant to implement an existing assessment report!