As a leading provider of document archiving services, we supply hundreds of thousands of small archive boxes and tens of thousands of medium archive boxes each year. As a result, we decided to reduce the environmental impact of our packaging by using brown corrugated ‘Kraft’ archive boxes (previously white and coloured) made from 85% recycled fibre and produced in one colour.
Our packaging is 100% recyclable, 100% renewable and 100% biodegradable.
Like any company, we know that some parts of our carbon emissions can not be totally eliminated, that is why we have chosen to offset carbon. We collaborate with two different organisations for our carbon offset and more specifically on tree plantation projects.
This will enable us to offer our clients eco-friendly services: thanks to our carbon offset strategy, all the flows and raw materials (such as the cardboard boxes) will be compensated. 100% of the cost of the carbon offset is covered by Labgroup which allows you to subscribe to sustainable services.
Vehicle fleet offset
We also offset the production vehicle fleet and the company vehicle fleet thanks to our insurance organisation which works with the Luxembourg organisation “Graine de vie” that plants trees in Madagascar to offset the CO₂ production (197 tons in total for 2020 and 2021). The planting was accompanied by actions to raise awareness among local populations and is part of a broader concept of sustainable development.
Environment friendly products
Electronic archiving, LuxDoc, Digitisation, E-delivery, Data Protect, Data Backup, Secure Private Cloud :
- Our software are functioning through the installations of our datacentres.
- The installations are made of performing devices that are chosen for their low energy consumption.
- The datacentres are also powered by green energy coming from water dams in Norway.
Destruction, Safe disposal containers :
- We have a complete waste management system so that all shredded material is recycled.
- All other waste is sorted and those which need are traced via the associated Waste Slip.
- The destruction zone is isolated to reduce noise pollution and improve the comfort of our employees during working hours.
- Consultancy consists in making our employees available for our clients.
- This is the reason why we implemented Terms of Sales that presents our requirement concerning the treatment of our employees.
- Our policy is clear: no discrimination (whether it is about gender, race, age or any other type) and no physical or mental violence is tolerated.
These requirements are not only valid for all our employees.
Media Storage, Destruction:
- We installed a lifting pulley in our secure Media Storage room as well as a high conveyor belt in the secure Destruction room to reduce the possibilities of back injuries for our employees.
- The destruction zone is isolated to reduce noise and improve the comfort of our employees during working hours.
- In addition to the tipper installed on our destruction line to avoid carrying heavy loads (waste), employees also work with electric pallet trucks for the same purpose.
- The sorting table is designed to enhance the comfort of our employees and reduce back pain.
Labgroup activities’ waste management
- As part as our waste management policy, we follow the guidelines from the SuperDrecksKëscht and have obtained the label SuperDrecksKëscht® fir Betriber.
- We are also certified ISO 14001 and therefore propose traceability of our waste management system in our Waste Management Procedure.
Socially thought products